I have a nursing student who brought this pico question to me:
"In patients in the emergency department post RSI, does choice of induction medications affect the amount of time until sedation is given prior to leaving the emergency department?"

She has to find a systematic review that contains an evidence based randomized control trial and has spent 4 weeks in frustration and no luck.  I looked under TRIP, and Cochrane, and gave PubMed a spin.  Any suggestions where I should go next and how I should try searching?  Most of what both she and I have found talks about the medications used for RSI, but not their influence on amount of time post RSI it takes to give sedation.  Make sense?

I asked if her professor okayed her PICO question, and she said yes.  Before I spend more time fruitlessly searching, any help would be welcome!

Sue Gerth
Library Manager
Covenant Medical Center
Waterloo, IA