	*Office of the President
*

	*April 6, 2016*

From: Tom Sullivan, President
                Wanda Heading-Grant, Vice President for Human Resources,
Diversity & Multicultural Affairs

To:          University of Vermont Community

Re:         Inclusive Excellence at the University of Vermont

On behalf of the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence (PCIE)
we are excited to share with you /Inclusive Excellence at the University
of Vermont: A Framework for Building a More Diverse, Inclusive, and
Multiculturally Competent Campus, /which can be viewed on the PCIE
website <http://www.uvm.edu/%7Epresdent/pcie/?Page=framework.html>. This
framework is the product of collaboration with members of the University
of Vermont community who have volunteered their time and expertise to
outline the ways we as a University can progress towards our strategic
goal to “build a diverse and globally aware university community
sustained by an inclusive, supportive, and just campus climate.”

This comprehensive framework is organized by four pillars: Academics,
Community, Environment, and Operations. Within each pillar are
components and strategic priorities that further support our vision in
achieving inclusive excellence at the University of Vermont. Each
academic and administrative unit within the university will be expected
to use this framework as the University’s official planning tool in an
effort to help guide strategic decisions, programs, and services
committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and more multiculturally
competent university community. In order to best support a comprehensive
implementation of this framework, the President’s Commission for
Inclusive Excellence will be hosting several community forums that we
invite you to attend to further engage in the discussion around our work
related to this framework. These forums will be offered at the following
times:

    • Monday, April 18th 2:00-3:30pm, Silver Maple Ballroom, Davis Center
    • Wednesday, April 20th 1:00-2:30pm, Memorial Lounge, Waterman
    • Thursday, April 21st 3:00-4:30pm, Jost Foundation Room, Davis Center

Thank you in advance for your support and implementation of this
framework and we encourage you to visit the President's Commission for
Inclusive Excellence website for more information. We welcome any
questions and feedback, which you can send via email to [log in to unmask]

In closing, we would like to formally thank the members of the
President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence
<http://www.uvm.edu/%7Epresdent/pcie/> for their diligent work on this
framework.

*OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT*
349 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405
(802) 656-7878 • [log in to unmask] 	Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer