[log in to unmask]" alt=""> Office of the President

April 6, 2016

From:     Tom Sullivan, President
               Wanda Heading-Grant, Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity & Multicultural Affairs

To:          University of Vermont Community

Re:         Inclusive Excellence at the University of Vermont

On behalf of the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence (PCIE) we are excited to share with you Inclusive Excellence at the University of Vermont: A Framework for Building a More Diverse, Inclusive, and Multiculturally Competent Campus, which can be viewed on the PCIE website. This framework is the product of collaboration with members of the University of Vermont community who have volunteered their time and expertise to outline the ways we as a University can progress towards our strategic goal to “build a diverse and globally aware university community sustained by an inclusive, supportive, and just campus climate.”

This comprehensive framework is organized by four pillars: Academics, Community, Environment, and Operations. Within each pillar are components and strategic priorities that further support our vision in achieving inclusive excellence at the University of Vermont. Each academic and administrative unit within the university will be expected to use this framework as the University’s official planning tool in an effort to help guide strategic decisions, programs, and services committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and more multiculturally competent university community. In order to best support a comprehensive implementation of this framework, the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence will be hosting several community forums that we invite you to attend to further engage in the discussion around our work related to this framework. These forums will be offered at the following times:
•    Monday, April 18th 2:00-3:30pm, Silver Maple Ballroom, Davis Center
•    Wednesday, April 20th 1:00-2:30pm, Memorial Lounge, Waterman
•    Thursday, April 21st 3:00-4:30pm, Jost Foundation Room, Davis Center
Thank you in advance for your support and implementation of this framework and we encourage you to visit the President's Commission for Inclusive Excellence website for more information. We welcome any questions and feedback, which you can send via email to [log in to unmask].

In closing, we would like to formally thank the members of the President’s Commission for Inclusive Excellence for their diligent work on this framework.

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
349 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer