Check your spam filter.  After my recent post about how many VTBird
messages were going to spam, several Gmail users advised setting up a
filter for VTBird to be sent to a folder ("label" in Gmail terminology) and
select the option "Never send to Spam."  It seems to be working for me
(after just a 1-day test).  Give it a try!

And thanks to all who responded!

--Ken Copenhaver