Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday April 16, 2016 on the
Maquam/Black Creek Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the refuge parking lot on Rte
78, about 2.5 miles west of Swanton village.  If you have any questions,
just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Ken
Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge board members.

After 72 months of walks we have observed 139 species.  Hope to see you
there!

NOTE:  The trail is likely to be very wet, so waterproof shoes are advised!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
org/