Now I'm just waiting for my regular mob of White-Crowned to show up to
lounge around for a week or so early next month.

Amazing how such simple, relatively muted colorations can knock your
socks off.

I usually get more of the less spectacular buffy White-Throated types,
so this guy was a real thrill.  Unfortunately, he (she? I heard no song)
seems to have moved right on through by the next day.