When the Wood Frogs thaw out and move into our pond to breed, I know
we'll be seeing Broad-wings.  Sure enough, one swooped down yesterday
and carried a frog off to a branch at the end of the pond.  Later in the
morning, my husband Tom saw he/she and his mate sitting together on a
branch.  This morning I was treated to one flying down to the edge of
the pond that is closest to me, about 50 feet away, staying for a minute
and (I am guessing here) breakfasting on a frog.  Two of the three
mallards that frequent the pond paddled right over to where he was.
Then he flew up to a nearby post and posed for a minute or two before
flying off.

Doris in North Danville, VT