Great story Ali. I used to work up on roofs at night with infrared imagers and it was so easy to see the Killdeers who seemed totally perplexed that I knew where they were. Even when they flew off the next, the eggs remained very warm and, to me, visible. The advent of all rubber, no gravel roofs means less nesting habitat thought U32 in East Montpelier installed a couple square yards of gravel just to try to attract them.

John