This evening I had some great looks at a Louisiana Waterthrush as it worked it’s way up the brook, bobbing its tail constantly, grabbing things out of the water to eat, and turning over leaves. It did not sing at all, so I’m guessing it was a female.  I was able to follow it for about 10 minutes perhaps, as the road paralleled the brook. Got to have another wonderful look at one further up the same brook on Saturday. Feeling very fortunate in getting to see them now, as it’ll be much harder once the trees leaf out. Such cute pink legs!

Linda Gionti
Huntington, VT