Hi VTBirders,

Please take not of the following spring birding programs being offered by
North Branch Nature Center. Directions to birding locations and other
details are posted online at:
http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/programs.html

Good Birding,
Larry

*Woodcock Watch *
Wednesday, April 20, 7:30 p.m.
Fee: $5 members, $10 nonmembers
It’s spring and love is in the air - literally! We’ll listen and watch for
the dramatic courtship flight of the American Woodcock, a sandpiper which
nests along the North Branch. With luck, we may also be serenade Wilson’s
Snipe and we’re sure to hear a chorus of Spring Peepers.

*Spring Migration Bird Walks*
Fridays, 7:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Fee: $10, free for members
Explore NBNC and other local hotspots for spring migrants, such as
warblers, vireos, thrushes and waterfowl. Learn birding basics, expand your
birding ear and discover more about the birds that inhabit the fields and
forests of NBNC. These walks are led by our naturalist staff and are a
great way to meet other local birders!
  -   April 22 – Cow Pasture
  -   April 29 – North Branch Nature Center
  -   May 6 – Hubbard Park
  -   May 13 – North Branch Nature Center
  -   May 20 – Sodom Pond, Adamant
  -   May 27 – Cross VT Trail, Waterbury

*BirdFEST! *
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Fee: $10 members, $15 nonmembers, free for kids
Join us for our 5th annual celebration of birds at NBNC! Featuring bird
walks &
workshops, live raptors, kids activities, bird banding demo, bird house
building, photo contest and much more!

--
Larry Clarfeld
Teacher Naturalist