From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nichols, William
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: My rant about not teaching PubMed

I've campaigned for it here, but of course the unfortunate reality is that there simply isn't room to spare in the curriculum for lit search instruction.  Fortunately I *am* able to do the occasional 1:1, teach faculty/staff development sessions, & to work with the student organizations outside of class time, but it goes without saying that that's nowhere near enough.

Part of the problem seems to be that paradoxically, teaching hospitals are a better venue to educate providers-to-be than medical schools seem to be. :\

Bill

William F. Nichols, MLS | Director of Library Services |Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine |
350 Howard Street|Spartanburg, SC 29303| Office: 864-327-9852  Fax: 864 804-6986 http://www.vcom.edu (The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.) -----Original Message-----