From: Reich, Barbara [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 12:21 PM
To: Nichols, William; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Docline Request Hardcopy Question (UNCLASSIFIED)

A little clarification to Bill's response: The CONTU guidelines says that records must be maintained. They don't mention in what format. Our records are maintained in QuickDoc, and we never make hard copy, let alone keep it. I imagine the same would be true of other ILL software, although I cannot verify. Also, you need keep records of YOUR requests and their outcome only. It is not your responsibility to keep records of what you lend.

"All ILL requests must be accompanied by a copyright compliance statement from the requesting library. The requesting library must maintain records of all requests and of their fulfillment. These records must be kept for three calendar years after the request has been made." [https://www.copyright.com/Services/copyrightoncampus/content/ill_contu.html]

Barbara S. Reich, MLS, AHIP
Director, Medical Library
Samuel and Sandra Hekemian Medical Library Hackensack University Medical Center
551-996-2326