Jim,

Wow, that sounds really bad.  Good luck with the rehab.  What is the name of the shoulder surgery that you had?

If you can get through all the body part problems, you're a great candidate for the Boomer pass at Sugarbush (unlimited midweek skiing for $100 for 65+).  And you could join a ski club and spend the night real cheap.

I keep track of all my ski days.  We last skied together in 2011 and I started wearing the helmet in 2012.  I am fine with the helmet now, but it is irritating to carry around.

Mike