Agree with Skip. That headline is a tad sensational, and the story is kind of vestigial.

This might just be trash-talking from the receiver to get Quiros and Stenger to be more forthcoming about the location of "about $200 million of some $400 million" that aren't accounted for. But it's up to the Freeps to far more muscular in their reporting and not just repeat tihs that one party or another says.

--Alex

On Monday, April 25, 2016 04:12 PM, Skip wrote:

On 4/25/2016 3:45 PM, Iski Stowe wrote:
> I Jay and Burke close, I would assume/guess many of their visitors
> would head to Smuggs.

I'm betting there's a lot more to this story, and that it was probably
posted before it should have been (note that the story says "this story
will be updated").

Burke has no summer operations of note, but Jay is a different story.
The water park, golf course, festivals, functions and other activities
are in all probability revenue-positive for the resort, so the idea that
the receiver would shut down all operations based on a short-term cash
flow issue (if such even exists) seems most peculiar.

If I'm correct on that assessment, the BFP may have just demonstrated a
serious example of journalistic malpractice, because a story like that
gains traction very quickly and the potential damage to revenues could
be significant.