Dear ISOGEOCHEM Colleagues,

We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join our dynamic and rapidly
growing network of leading scientists, industry partners and
state-of-the-art analytical laboratories across Canada. The
Multidisciplinary Applied Geochemistry Network (MAGNET) is an
NSERC-funded industrial stream Collaborative Research and Training
Experience (CREATE) program devoted to analytical, environmental and
exploration geochemistry.  The position is available September 1st 2016
(or possibly later) until the end of the program on March 31st 2018.

We currently have an opening for postdoctoral research in one of the
following areas:
- Noble gases as tracers of aquitard integrity
- Origin, residence times and geochemical signatures of deep crustal fluids

Applicants are encouraged to develop and explore their own research
interests within one of the above areas. Please consult the MAGNET
website (http://www.magnet.eos.ubc.ca/apply/current-opportunities-3/
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emagnet%2Eeos%2Eubc%2Eca%2Fapply%2Fcurrent-opportunities-3%2F&urlhash=RdhN&_t=tracking_anet>)
for further details about each topic. It is strongly recommended to
contact the supervisor(s) to discuss the essence of the project before
submitting a formal application.

Qualified candidates must have a recent PhD (within the last five years;
excluding time off for parental leave) in the Earth/ocean/environmental
sciences, chemistry, or a related field and should have a strong
background in isotope geochemistry and mass spectrometric techniques,
together with a solid publication record. Postdoctoral fellows will be
expected to work closely with MAGNET faculty and collaborators, assist
with program activities (e.g., online course, annual workshop) and
provide mentorship to undergraduate, MSc and PhD trainees.

Complete applications will consist of (1) a CV (including list of
publications), (2) a letter of interest detailing why you want to join
MAGNET, your suitability for the position, and your research plan, and
(3) three reference letters (sent directly from your referees).
Applications should be sent to the MAGNET Program Coordinator Diane
Hanano at [log in to unmask] by June 15th 2016.

Best regards,
Diane

--
Diane Hanano