Dear Daniel,

Humbly trying to add a comment to the previous answers, in contrast to δ18O, your δ34S should not be critically affected by the presence of other salts in the sample (NO3, PO4 etc), during the precipitation of BaSO4.

Cheers

Dear Daniel,

You may also get some idea from Janet Hannon and others'  paper

"Effects of nitrate and water on the oxygen isotopic
analysis of barium sulfate precipitated from
water samples",  published on RCM 2008, 22: 4109-4120

Cheers,

Haiping