Hi Bob,

Most likely either the Orings on the plunger driver wheel or the wheel itself is worn.

I can also be the center bearing is too loose. For that remove the tray and spin the brass center piece with your fingers. It should come to a smooth and relatively prompt stop. If it spins freely tighten the hex bolt a little and try again.

Cheers

Nick..

Nick Collins
President

Elemental MS

12430 N Dowling Rd

College Station
TX 77845

Tel:  (888) ISO-IRMS (Sales/Service)
Tel:  (888) 476-4767 (Sales/Service)
Tel:  (979) 595-7625 (Direct)
Fax: (979)
314-4644

www.ElementalMS.com

Sercon Stable Isotope Mass Spectrometers

EuroVector Elemental Analyzers

eStore Parts & Consumables

Service & Support Former GVI IRMS

Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail immediately and then delete the original from your computer.

Opinion: Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the author’s employer.