This summer, I am teaching Instructional Materials Development for your Google Classroom.  I am excited because it will have a direct impact on fall instruction.

We will:

  1. Develop a plan for how the instructor wishes to use Google Classroom alongside face-to-face instruction
  2. Identify content options in Google—and acquire or create course content
  3. Look at the role of media in an online environment and produce or locate media
  4. Explore the role of assessment in an online environment—pre, summative, formative
  5. Discussions and student engagement
  6. Grading with technology
  7. Sharing resources such as forms and other take home items

In addition to 5 hours of face to face instruction, participants will interact with a Learning Management System for class discussions, responses to articles and other activities. Students can work at their own pace.

Section #1 – Saturday, June 18, 2016, remainder of class is completely online ending August 5, 2016,

Section #2 – Saturday August 6, 2016, remainder of class is completely online ending October 1, 2016

http://www.castleton.edu/academics/professional-development-continuing-education/the-castleton-center-for-schools/continuing-education-workshops-contract-courses/instructional-materials-development-for-your-google-classroom-to-enhance-classroom-instruction/

Patricia Aigner
Director of Technology
Rutland City Public Schools
6 Church Street
Rutland, VT 05701
Note my email has changed to [log in to unmask]