We are excited release eBird Media Search, a tool for exploring photos and
sounds uploaded through eBird, as well as the full collection of bird
sounds and video archived in the Macaulay Library through traditional
methods. With more than half a million images and thousands of audio files
uploaded to eBird over the past five months there is plenty to explore!
This initial version of Media Search is focused on providing results for
species, date range, and location combinations, while subsequent
development will focus on increasing the metadata associated with uploaded
media, and building out advanced search capabilities. We hope these tools
provide an exciting environment to explore the contributions of others, and
also to increase the public visibility of your own efforts.

Read more about it (
http://ebird.org/content/vt/news/introducing-the-ebird-media-search/) and take
the new Media Search tool for a test drive right now!
https://ebird.org/media/vt/catalog

Kent

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies