During this early morning's walk in the woods, while shuffling through
last year's rustling leaves with the dogs, a clear warble ending with a
rising buzz announced a Cerulean Warbler.  With the aid of leafless
trees, I easily watched him foraging in the high canopy branches,
jabbering away all the time.

The only earlier date here for a Cerulean was in 2012, May 7th. The
arrival dates for the last 7 years are well bunched, from May 7th to the
13th.

Warblers and vireos seen and heard were:

Cerulean Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
American Redstart
Blackburnian Warbler
Pine Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Ovenbird

Blue-headed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo (A pair has been around for at least the last
week.  This morning they worked their way down from the canopy until on
a branch facing the sun and me, only a dozen feet away.  Gorgeous birds
in the brilliant light of the just rising sun.!)

Ian