Greetings, VTBIRDers:

Philadelphia Vireos seem to be passing through our region. eBird reveals
numerous sightings in northern New England and points north during the
past two days, including a male during my guided outing to Berlin Pond
yesterday. He sang quietly a few times for us (as we were tracking down
a few of our 14 warbler species on the day).

One field mark for Philadelphia Vireo that's left out of our guidebooks:
After watching many Warbling Vireos, and after chasing the songs of many
Red-eyed Vireos, when you finally meet up with a Philadelphia Vireo
(with its subtle differences in head shape and behavior), a kind of warm
euphoria washes over your soul. That's confirmation for this species
beyond ordinary field marks.

Best,
Bryan Pfeiffer

http://www.bryanpfeiffer.com