Like Ed Green, we put our feeder up very high.  We have a pulley system
under the eaves of the house, with the ropes of the pulley
inconspicuous.  Any seed that falls to the ground is taken care of by
Mourning Doves, White Throats, Red Squirrels and chipmunks.  We rake up
the shells periodically.   We know he visited our neighbors two weeks
ago-- both now take their feeders inside at night after having them
pulled down and emptied.   We put up our system about two years ago,
after my big Droll Yankee feeder was destroyed.  He probably comes
around from time to time, but is not a problem any more.

Doris Grazulis

North Danville, VT