Yesterday morning Stacy Robinson and I canoed South Slang of Little Otter
Creek from the boat launch.   The highlights were 6 short billed dowitchers
in a flock, least bittern, American bittern, Virginia rail, possibly sora,
heard only, gallinule, marsh wren (many, many of them singing), blue winged
teal, and a female goldeneye with 9 very small ducklings in tow.

We also did a side trip to Mt. Philo, and found that the barred owl chicks
had fledged.   The nest tree was empty, and we could not see any owlets or
adults nearby.

Ellie George,

Paradox, NY