Back on May 9, I thought I caught a brief glimpse of a female Towhee
pecking at seeds under my feeder with a couple of RBG males and a host
of White-Crowned sparrows.  The whole bunch flushed and I didn't see the
possible female Towhee again, so I chalked it up to insufficient
caffeine in the system early in the AM since I've not seen or heard a
Towhee around these parts since I moved here 10 years ago now.

And then today, for the first time since the 9th, there it is again
under the feeder and it is absolutely a female Towhee.  But I've had no
sight of a male and no sound of its distinctive song, either.  She's
been here almost 3 weeks now all by herself?

Jane
(Shoreham)