One of my absolute favorite birds.

Before I moved here 10 years ago, I'd only ever seen a single one once
rummaging around in some leaf litter under a shrub.  I'd never heard
one, but I'd listened to recordings a couple of times.

Then my first spring here, I kept hearing this oddly familiar but
unrecognizable, rather ethereal sound issuing from all around my yard
one day, very puzzling. Then all of a sudden, wow, my brain cells
dredged up that distant memory, and I was in bliss.

Jane
(Shoreham)