Several Middlebury birders and I have been birding the Cemeteries near campus the last few mornings. Yesterday Aaron Yappert reported 2 Cape May Warblers, today there were at least 5. For at least the last few springs, this has been a great spot for this species. For a week or two each May they have been quite reliable along the long row of Norway Spruce. My high count is 12, and some mornings they are the most abundant warbler. Often they are somewhat hard to see high in the spruce, but occasionally they drop to eye level providing breathtaking views. I recommend a visit for anyone in the area.

Spencer Hardy
Middlebury, VT