This nearby area remains one of my favorites. This morning, after walking through woods full of Winter Wrens. Ovenbirds and Black-throated Green Warblers, I stopped by a small stream that flows into Mill Brook. Larry Clarfeld and I saw a Louisiana Waterthrush there last spring; this year it was the Northern cousin. Then two phoebes came along (three tail-waggers together). Then another bird arrived and was chased away by one of the phoebes. It was an Olive-sided Flycatcher, the first Iíve seen at Mobbs! - The full list is below.

Mobbs Farm is a hotspot, so itís easy to find.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

Mobbs Farm, Chittenden, Vermont, US
May 13, 2016 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
33 species

Broad-winged Hawk  1
Wilson's Snipe  1
Mourning Dove  3
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Olive-sided Flycatcher  1     I was watching two Eastern Phoebes when one angrily chased off a third bird. I first thought it was another phoebe but when it landed near me I saw that it was larger and had a bigger bill. It had a pale strip on the front between two areas that were dark (black streaks on dark gray).
Eastern Phoebe  2
Blue Jay  4
American Crow  1
Black-capped Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  1
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  1
Winter Wren  3
Golden-crowned Kinglet  3
Veery  1
Gray Catbird  1
Ovenbird  5
Northern Waterthrush  1
Common Yellowthroat  5
Northern Parula  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler  6     possibly more - They love the area along the stream!
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  3
White-throated Sparrow  3
Song Sparrow  4