Here are a few answers to Larry's musings.

The "Explore a Region" tool tells us that 199,166 complete checklists
have been submitted to eBird for Vermont as of 11:01 this morning.

In the "Explore a Region"click on Hotspots and you will find the highest
number of species at the Dead Creek WMA IBA hotspot (242) and many, many
hotspots with greater than 150 species reported (and surely there are
many non-hotspot personal locations and home lists with greater than 150
species).

The top ten hotspots for species reported are:
Dead Creek WMA IBA
242

Herrick's Cove IBA
226

Dead Creek WMA IBA--Brilyea Access
220

Delta Park IBA
217

Button Bay State Park
206

Charlotte Town Beach
206

Shelburne Bay
205

Retreat Meadows / West River Mouth
202

Lake Runnemede / Evarts Pond - (62 acres) - Paradise Park
198

Missisquoi NWR IBA
195

The Top 100 list (which ONLY includes eBird records) has these
individuals with the longest species lists:
1     David Hoag     344
2     Craig Provost     319
3     Fred Pratt     318
4     Jim Mead     311

The eBird Top 100 list for eBird checklists has these folks with the
most eBird submissions of complete checklists:
1     Ian Worley     10379
2     Craig Provost     8214
3     Susan Elliott     6479
4     Ron Payne     5624

(Note that there is not always a correlation between numbers of species
recorded by a person and numbers of checklists submitted. Vermont
birders have lots of different interests and thus different birding habits.)

Some of the other categories Larry mentions can be obtained with not too
much analytical work from eBird.  And others are good projects for
analysts with a fair amount of time on their hands.

As for other questions to add to the list of curiosities, I'll start the
additions with these:  I'd love to see a list of individuals according
to the numbers of years they have been birding in Vermont (we have some
amazing folks that should be recognized!).  I'd love to discover what
are the most common ages at which persons started birding.  What are the
longest, continuously and regularly monitored sites?  What are the
largest numbers of species discovered on 24 hour "big days"?

Ian