-------- Original message --------
From Jim Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 05/10/2016  8:59 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To [log in to unmask]
Subject [VTBIRD] Upland Sandpiper in Shelburne

Hello all,

I was on Pond Rd. in Shelburne earlier this morning
(near the Dorset St. end). I was looking into the field
along the south side of the road, hoping for a
Bobolink or two. Suddenly, I heard the tail end of an
Upland Sandpiper's song. I asked myself, "Did I just
hear an Upland Sandpiper?" I began looking for one
and saw a bird in flight, got my binos onto it and found
that it was indeed an Upland Sandpiper!!
I did call Alison Wagner because I figured she might
be awake at that time (5:55 a.m.) She was and she too
got to see it. She called me back to let me know that she
saw it and also mentioned that it flew off toward the NW
at around 7:00 a.m.
I don't know if it came back but hopefully it did or will.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead