Since word is out, out-of-staters who won't be visiting this site might appreciate a habitat description of the nest box location.  I would enjoy knowing more about the setting of the nest box -- wooded or open, etc.  Height of the nest box off the ground, direction the entry faces, shaded or in the sun, etc.  All this intelligence helps us to expand our knowledge of this species, and helps people place nest boxes to attract owls.  Thanks.  Also, generally the adult will position its day roost within line of sight of the nest, so parents might be visible with some scanning of nearby trees or tall vegetation (usually an obstructed view).  I've seen Saw-whet young in a Wood Duck box in Moraga, CA at the back edge of a meadow, with conifers/hardwoods not far away.  At that site, I noticed trampled grass, indicating photographers had approached the nest box very closely instead of remaining on the trail where sufficiently fine photos were obtainable.  Getting too close might accustom young owls to humans, which they should instead be wary of generally.  Toward dusk, best keep generous distance in case a feeding occurs early.   I'd be interested to know how close the nest is to moving cars and other activity as well -- just in case anyone else posts about this sighting.  Best, -Ken Archambault, Birmingham, Alabama