Matt, I agree with the speed being faster with a suit, but I think it makes the racers into something that most people can't relate with.    FIS already has rules in place to make suits slower than what the speed skiers use.    Slowing the racers down could reduce the need for so much netting.

EO,  you can buy skis very close to what they are racing on but who would want to ski a ski 195 cm ski with a 35m turning radius?  I can't get a 27m turning radius ski to turn on the courses I run.     Now manufacturers are making skis  ski bum racers, I love how they market them.

https://www.volkl.com/skis/race/racetiger/racetiger-speedwall-gs-uvo.html

Skip, I think if they could downsize the courses, it could make it easier and cheaper for a resort to host a race.  The current requirements are such that very few places in the US could even qualify.    I would love to see a dual paneled SL at Fenway Park.