On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Iski Stowe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

EO,  you can buy skis very close to what they are racing on but who would want to ski a ski 195 cm ski with a 35m turning radius?  I can't get a 27m turning radius ski to turn on the courses I run.

Probably true, although what amateur cyclist needs a $15K bike? Maybe the ski racing community is smarter about not adopting everything the pros do, but in cycling there are some serious fanboys with way too much money and who literally want to copy them down to their breakfast cereal. Its a bizarre culture... fortunately these types tend not to be found in Vermont in my experience, but when I lived in NYC for a year... holy hell.