From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jannette Bradley
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ref Question: how to search for spiritual care but NOT hospice

Happy Thursday folks:

I am in need of suggestions for search terms.

the story thus far...

Patient had kidney stones; stent placement and history of depression and overdose.  My patron wants info on spiritual care for the patient.  When I use MESH it maps to Hospice Care.  But I don't think that is what is required here -- not looking for care for a terminal patient.  We have access to a psychology database so I will try that too.

I'm trying these search strings -

(kidney disease OR stent placement OR depression) AND "spiritual care"
"spiritual care" AND comorbidty

I think patron wants the spiritual care for patient with multiple conditions but not so much end of life care.

How about ("spiritual care" OR spirituality) AND comorbidity?  When I simply "AND"  the conditions I get no results.  If I "OR" them I get some irrelevant stuff.  So I chose comorbidity instead of listing kidney stones, stent and so on.

Any other ideas?

P.S. I am going to get some chocolate now.

Jannette

Jannette Bradley

Technology/Reference Librarian

Advocate Christ Medical Center Library

4440 West 95th Street

Oak Lawn, IL 60453

phone (708) 684-5200

fax     (708) 684-5145

[log in to unmask] http://library.advocatehealth.com

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI. IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected. Thank you. Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.