Thanks, Andrew; I’ve worked that in, updated the blog post, and submitted the changes to Gary for inclusion in the email version.

Cheers,

-sth

On 20160531, 1702h, "Technology Discussion at UVM on behalf of Andrew Hendrickson" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

Can we also mention that unless you’re dealing with a file that is expected to have macros (usually spreadsheets from FAB or downloaded from Peoplesoft), people should always elect to “disable macros” when asked on file open.

In many cases, even if the file legitimately does have macros, disabling them doesn’t prevent entering data into the file.

I’d rather have people in the habit of disabling them and occasionally having functionality problems than to be in the habit of always enabling them and risk getting infected with Locky.

Andrew Hendrickson

CAS IT Administrator

UVM, College of Arts & Sciences

802-656-7971