Bennington got some rain last evening and that, coupled with sun, heat and humidity seems to have given a boost to
new flights of butterflies emerging.
Today in Bennington I found new flights of Common Wood Nymphs, Eastern-tailed Blues, Baltimore Checkerspots,
and delightfully a Coral Hairstreak and 2 Acadian Hairstreaks. Skippers were still hard to find… ( the fields I checked were very tall and due to be mowed
this week ). I did find a few Little Glassy-wings and Northern Broken Dash. Banded Hairstreaks are either late or having a bad year… I have checked oaks that usually
have a few engaged in aerial combat..but have only found 1 in Pownal this week.
Below links to the Coral and Acadian Hairstreaks.

Terri Armata … Bennington.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44901540@N05/27897719740/in/pool-vbs/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44901540@N05/28074575902/in/pool-vbs/