Hello, Our policy committee is revising its "policy on policies".  We are looking for definitions and/or examples of how other hospitals have made the distinction between the following:

Policies
Procedures
Guidelines
Protocols
Standard Operating Procedures

I would appreciate receiving examples of your definitions.  Please send to me off list.  I will be happy to summarize if there is interest.  Many thanks.  --Gayle

Gayle A. Williams, MSLS, AHIP
System Director, Libraries & Archives
Henry Ford Health System
Sladen Library
2799 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan 48202
(313) 916-2550
(313) 874-4730 (fax)
http://www.henryfordconnect.com/sladen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on www.henryford.com for more detailed information as well as information concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.