This morning I checked out the confluence of Dead Creek and Otter Creek in
Vergennes in search of a Stilt Sandpiper reported to ebird yesterday by Cat
Abbot and Mick Baisley. I found the Stilt, and was pleasantly awarded a
bonus bird, American Golden-Plover. There were also lots of Yellowlegs of
both variety, 4 Short-billed Dowitchers, 3 Pectoral Sandpipers and a
smattering of the regular cast.

I kayaked further upstream but didn't find much besides a few Great Blue
Herons and Great Egrets. The shorebirds were all on the opposite bank when
I arrived, but had moved to the closer shoreline where the muddy setback is
by the time I paddled back downstream and they remained there when I left.

I'll include some photos later, I just wanted to get the word out about two
species that can be difficult to come by in case any birders are in the
area today (or need a reason to be).

Happy birding,
Tyler Pockette