Hi all,

As promised, here is a link to my photo of the Baird's Sandpiper from Dead
Creek today, as well as some other recent photo additions to my Vermont
photo big year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141790488@N02/with/28089381254/

It has been requested that I post another reminder as to what my photo big
year is all about and how one can donate. I am raising money for the Otter
Creek Audubon chapter to send a student or teacher to the Hog Island
Audubon summer camp where they will learn about birds and gain a hands on
education in everything birds, from identification to conservation. I chose
this as my fundraiser because it is something important to me personally.
When I was 13, I received a similar grant from Otter Creek Audubon to
attend an Audubon summer camp in the Northeast Kingdom which my family
would not have otherwise been able to afford, so I know first hand the
impact such a grant can have on a person's passion and education for a
future in birds and conservation. This is my way of paying it forward to
Otter Creek Audubon and a new recipient, and what better to way to raise
money for a camp geared toward bird education than to do a photo big year!?

Should anyone else find this to be a worthy cause and wish to donate, there
are two ways in which you can contribute.

First, you can pledge an amount per species and I will put you down in my
pledge spreadsheet and remind you towards the end of the year what the
final tally is, at which point you can just mail your dues to me. Just send
me an email and let me know how much you wish to pledge (

Second, you can choose to pledge a set dollar amount up front, in which
case you can just shoot me an email and let me know how much you wish to
pledge ([log in to unmask]), or just send a check directed to either
myself or Otter Creek Audubon to my address at 2062 route 7 Salisbury, VT
05769.

Thanks a bunch to everyone who has pledged or has helped with advice on
finding birds so far! The VTBIRD community really is awesome!!!

-Tyler Pockette