Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday August 20, 2016 on
the Jeep Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the Louie's Landing on Rte 78, about
3.5 miles west of Swanton village.  We will meet at the gate and drive in
to Mac's Bend.  If you have any questions, email me at [log in to unmask]

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Ken
Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge board members.

After 76 months of walks we have observed 143 species. (We added Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher to the list last month.)  Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
org/