Eagles do show up on Otter Creek -- and elsewhere in town.  I've seen them
on South Street extension and flying over Hanaford just in the last year.  I
have seen one below the footbridge, near Storm Café, only once, but I have
seen them also near the covered bridge and below Beldens Falls.

Ospreys also occur not infrequently along the creek, particularly during
migration.  It's not a bird, but you can sometimes see mink on the rocks
across from Storm Café.

Bruce Peterson