Hi Roger,

Welcome to Burlington, and so glad you can make it!

You have a spot reserved on the Melosira "pelagic" birding trip on Sunday, September 11th. The boat will leave from the dock on the south side of the ECHO Center at 7:30, and return to the dock around 11:30.

To confirm your reservation, please send a check for $50.00 made out to UVM, with "birding" in the memo line.

Please send your checks to:
Allan Strong
RSENR/Aiken Center
81 Carrigan Drive
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405

We're trying to make sure that we break even on the trip, so to make sure that we have a full boat, I'd like to receive checks by September 6.  If you know that you won't be able to make it, please let me know ASAP. We will obviously refund your money if the weather precludes us from going out, but if you inexplicably don't show up the day of the trip, I can't necessarily promise a refund.

I'll send out a few more details about the trip later, but here are a few things to keep in mind.  We'd like to have everyone present by 7:15 so we can get out on the water at 7:30.  Remember, it is always colder on the water, so bring some warm, and waterproof clothes. But...think positive and bring sunscreen and a hat as well.  If it is rough (but not raining), we will still try to get out, but we will confine our birding to the more protected coves on the Lake.  DO NOT forget your binoculars and a camera might be helpful.  Also, there is a bathroom on board the boat.

Directions to the ECHO Center can be found here - the Melosira is docked right on the south side of the building:
http://www.echovermont.org/directions.html
I’m hoping I’ll be able to get us free parking, but I’m not sure just yet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I'm getting excited already!

Allan