Wow, that would be quite a sight!  I've never seen Ravens play catch
like that, and the thought of their doing it with a couple of young
Goldens is mind-blowing.

When I was hawkwatching regularly in Central Mass., we used to be
entertained on slow days by the interactions of the young Red-Tails and
Sharp-Shins from nests around the top of the mountain.  The RTs would
kite up and sit in the wind just above our eye level, then a young
Sharpie would shoot up over it, then dive on it repeatedly, and finally
the RT would get above the Sharpie and dive hard in it and they'd both
disappear from view. A few minutes later, up would pop one, then the
other, and they'd start all over again.  They played this game
endlessly.  Often there were two or three RTs indulging in this game,
though I don't remember ever seeing more than one Sharpie at a time.

One day, a new person arrived, watched the birds for a while and asked
if we realized one was an immature Goshawk, which also nest on that
mountain sometimes.  No, we had not, much to our chagrin.  But we looked
more carefully and he was right.  It was a big girl almost as large as
the male RT.

So for a couple afternoons, we had the young of three hawk species
playing diving games on each other.  And then the Broadwings came
pouring through and by the time that 3 or 4-day stretch was over, the
young Gos had moved on.

Young sharpies seem to have a particular affinity for pestering
Red-Tails.  Almost every time a migrating or just cruising RT came
through, it was accompanied by its own personal Sharpie, circling and
diving and making a pain in the butt of itself as the RT sailed on from
horizon to horizon.

Sharp-shins make a living by chasing and often catching smaller birds in
the air, so that practice with the relatively safe RTs, which are
nowhere near as nimble on the wing, makes sense for the youngsters.  Why
the bigger hawks put up with this, I have no idea.

Jane
Shoreham