Yesterday, early evening, I was sitting out on our front stoop enjoying the sky and the insect sounds.  I noticed a very large bird just coming into view as it approached our tiny frog pond and immediately thought Great Blue Heron.  As it flew closer it became obvious that it was a mature Bald Eagle.  It flew right over the house and a few second later reappeared over our meadow and then landed on the top of a tall White Pine.  It stayed there for twenty minutes or so and then luffed off to the west.  What a treat!!

Mundi
North Pownal

Mundi Smithers

The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)