      From: Susan Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:59 PM
 Subject: [VTBIRD] Fw: Lily Pond Trail, Hubbardton/Castleton, Aug 27, 2016

Thirty species along the Lily Pond Trail (just north of Lake Bomoseen) this morning. We saw a mixed flock of warblers (Blackburnian, Magnolia, Black-and-White, Chestnut-sided, Pine) all feeding frantically. Eastern Wood-pewees were still singing and a Brown Creeper burst into one song.
I checked our records and saw we did this trail exactly five years ago on what proved to be a very ominous day, with very still and thick air, the day before Irene.
Lily Pond Trail, Castleton, Rutland, Vermont, US

Aug 27, 2016 10:10 AM - 12:40 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.75 mile(s)
30 species