It was a beautiful day for a paddle up the north end of Lake Bomoseen, north of Float Bridge Road. About halfway up we heard 'quick three beers' and saw an Olive-sided Flycatcher perched on a dead tree. A second Olive-sided was on another tree nearby. Chasing ensued.
Another treat was a Bonaparte's Gull on our return and then a second near the float bridge. Other highlights were a Great Egret and singing Warbling and Yellow-throated Vireos. The Red-eyeds were mostly whining.
We also saw one adult Bald Eagle and one immature Bald Eagle along with an Osprey and a Broad-winged Hawk.
We spotted four small shorebirds, but they were in flight and disappeared so no ID.

Lake Bomoseen/Hubbardton Marshes IBA, Rutland, Vermont, US
Aug 30, 2016 8:00 AM - 11:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:    by kayak