The conventional community went through this years ago  with  Ammonium
nitrate fertilizer  (33.0.0) , which we lost after Timothy McVeigh mixed it
with diesel fuel and touched it off in Oklahoma city. You can still get it,
but like Brad says, it is made virtually impossible by the layers of
bureaucratic cost and documentation.
Is this getting to be a familiar tune for small scale ag. How about the
manure based compost handling rules as spelled out by FSMA?