Even though most folks aren't ready to start thinking about winter- NOFA-VT is currently accepting proposals for presenters for our 35th Annual Winter Conference! We are already accepting proposals, and will continue to do so, until Sept 14, 2016, which is right around the corner.

The NOFA-VT Annual Winter Conference is Vermont's largest agricultural conference. The event brings together more than 1,500 farmers, gardeners, homesteaders, educators, policy makers and consumers for three days of workshops, networking sessions, meals and celebration. We are currently collecting RFP submissions for presenters at the 2016 Winter Conference. You can find the RFP and the details of submitting here.http://nofavt.org/events/annual-nofa-vt-events/winter-conference Proposals will be accepted until September 14th, 2016.

Please help us get the word out about our RFP process by sharing this with your networks and contacts. The Annual Winter Conference is NOFA-VT’s largest fundraiser and makes it possible for us to run the programs that educate and connect farmers, gardeners, and their communities throughout the year. The success of our conference is due in large part to the support of the many talented presenters who choose to participate each year.

2017 CONFERENCE SPECIFICS

Theme: International Agriculture and Vermont

Location: University of Vermont’s Davis Center and surrounding campus, Burlington, VT

Dates: February 18-20, 2016

Goals of the Conference: The goal of the conference is to facilitate learning and sharing of information on all aspects of local, organic food production, marketing, and consumption.  Our conference aims to create a gathering space that fosters collaboration between diverse groups of people, while also meeting the specific needs of these varied groups. The suggested topics below apply in the broadest sense. Additional topics will be considered.

1.     Technical commercial organic vegetable, fruit, herb, flower, dairy & livestock production (introductory– advanced)

2.     Direct marketing strategies and best practices: CSA, farm stands, farmers’ market vending, etc.

3.     Procurement and infrastructure: distribution, processing, storage, food safety and cooperative models

4.     Education: farm-based education, experiential education, school gardens

5.     Agri-business marketing, technology, and business planning

6.     Food security and access

7.     Homesteading and gardening (beginner - advanced)

8.     Health, wellness and nutrition

9.     Alternative energy, climate change and resiliency

10.  Policy, activism, and community engagement

If you are interested in presenting at this year’s conference, please fill out the RFP by September 14th. If you know of a presenter that might be a good fit, please pass this RFP along and share widely with your networks! The RFP and more information can be found here: http://nofavt.org/events/annual-nofa-vt-events/winter-conference.

Thank you so much for helping NOFA-VT spread the word about the RFP process for the 2017 Winter Conference.

Best,

Rachel

--
Rachel Fussell
Farmer Education Coordinator

Please join us for our 2016 On-Farm Workshop Series to be held throughout the state until September!