Hi Folks
  We've had serious onion thrip damage this year, primarily in our onions and shallots but increasingly in our leeks. We are wondering if it would be best at this point to harvest all/most of the leeks and store them in the cooler for the rest of the CSA season (end of November) or leave them growing in the field at the risk of further damage. Has anyone dealt with this problem or had experience with longer-term leek cold storage? Thanks and I will repost any replies.
Norah Lake

PS
Thoughts about onion thrip prevention for next year are welcome, too!
--
Sweetland Farm

Diversified produce and meat farm. Community Supported Agriculture.