PO Box 6670
Scarborough, ME 04070-6670
The National Association of African American Studies & Affiliates [National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies, National Association of Native American Studies, International Association of Asian Studies] will host their national conference in Dallas, Texas February 13-18, 2017. The conference is expected to have more than 600 research sessions, panels, roundtables and special presentations.
The national organization encourages your debate team to participate in its first National Debate Competition. Student participation brings with it various benefits. They include:
· Opportunity to interact with diverse student participants
· Opportunity to attend conference sessions
· Opportunity to earn a cash award
There are a number of special events scheduled that the hosts feel will be of interest to faculty, staff, students and community. The events include:
· Featured speaker Ela Gandhi (granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi)
· Nelson Mandela Legacy Exhibit
· National African American Drug Policy Coalition
· National Latino Law Enforcement Organization
For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the Debate Team Competition Guidelines and Student Call for Papers.
NAAAS & Affiliates encourages you to give this invitation to participation in the National Debate Competition your full consideration.
Again, your support and that of colleagues of the 25th anniversary conference is appreciated.
Lemuel Berry, Jr.
Lemuel Berry, Jr., Ph.D.
[log in to unmask]">