This is the month of Tech Jam!  Tech Jam takes place at the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds this year in Essex on Friday Oct. 21, and Saturday, Oct. 22.  The AOE is working with the TechJam folks to solicit student Makers to display in the School Makers Faire that will be going on over those two days.  I, along with Doug Webster at AOE, are encouraging schools to get involved this year and showcase some of the talented students that are getting engaged in the Maker Movement.

We are also looking for schools that are doing coding or programming projects and might be able to showcase that as well as any schools just involved in an easily portable project that can build some conversation at the TechJam.   Friday is typically a day with many students and schools, Saturday is more dedicated to parents, and career oriented folks.

Here is a form<http://www.techjamvt.com/school-maker-faire/> that Tech Jam requests if you are bringing a Maker or group of Makers to the School Maker Faire.  Please fill out the form and submit it as instructed. Please let me know you are coming and with how many students and I can then plan a bit from AOE perspective.  We have a number of schools coming but have room for more at this point.  Don't be left out!

Here is another form<https://dacapopub.wufoo.com/forms/2016-vermont-tech-jam-field-trip-rsvp/> if you are bringing a bus or group of students to simply take part in the Tech Jam as a field trip.  They have many students and schools present on Friday, and there are great activities and opportunities for students to explore careers, maker stuff, and just some great opportunities for their future (and sometimes their present too!)

We hope to see you there!

Peter

https://dacapopub.wufoo.com/forms/2016-vermont-tech-jam-field-trip-rsvp/

http://www.techjamvt.com/school-maker-faire/